Thursday, January 17, 2008

TEAM FIERCE TAKES THE CAKE
TEAM PISTOL TANKS

Project Runway is undoubtedly my favorite show on television right now and for good reason. Last night's episode featured over-the-top hairstyles and outfits to match. The designers were divided up into in teams of two and challenged to make an avant-garde look inspired by their model's hairstyles.
Dreamteam Christian and Chris, who coined themselves "Team Fierce," won the challenge. Of course. Not only was their outfit intricate and immaculately constructed, but it was imaginative, pushing the boundaries and encapsulating the concept of avant-garde - something I'm sure Chris had no small part in. My only complaint was the color. Booooring. The other part of the challenge (thrown in at the last minute much to the designers' dismay) was a ready-to-wear version of their avant-garde creation. This part of Team Fierce's look was OK. Very Christian considering the shirt was all ruffles in front.
To read a much better assessment of the winning look, head over to Project Rungay.

I loved the black trench coat that Victorya and Jillian designed. Wow. But I don't particularly like either designer so I was glad to see "Team Fierce" win. (Can someone lend Victorya a personality please?)


Rami and Sweet P were a team in the most literal sense of the word. Rami was overly uptight about everything and wouldn't let Sweet P. contribute much. When he did let her take the reigns and design the ready-to-wear dress, she produced a fabulous grey frock that outshined Rami's avant-garde gown, which was gathered beautifully in the front, but a little yawn-inducing.

Kit and Ricki worked together. Surprisingly no tears from Ricki this episode despite the fact he and Kit were the losing team. I was bummed to see Kit go. She's been one of my favorite designers on the show. If I were to hire one of them to design me a new closet (I wish), it would be Kit, hands-down. Her style is very much in line with what I like. In fact, I was obsessed with the apron dresses she wore in last night's episode. Her avant-garde dress could have been amazing had she and Ricki done something different with the bottom half. The top half, of course, was a little apron
thingy. So cute. The fabric was all wrong, however. No punchy color. The whole thing was too Little House on the Prairie. I hate to see Kit leave. I'll miss you, Miss Pistol. Shoot for the stars! (sorry, couldn't resist).

To read a more in-depth take on the episode, check out Blogging Project Runway.

Favorite Christianism from this week: "If I were a diva, I'd be Ferosh."

No comments: