Friday, March 21, 2008

MAKE ME A SUPERMODEL ROUND UP:
EARTH WIND AND FIERCE


There are only four contestants left in the running on Make Me a Supermodel. I'm still sore about Casey leaving, but decided to continue watching anyway. *sigh.*

Shannon was voted off. It's unfortunate for Shannon as it was her first time "up for the vote" and Ronnie's fourth. I think a big reason she was booted and Ronnie wasn't is because the gay community is tuned in and probably voting for Ronnie. I also think this presents a somewhat unfair advantage for him. Having said that, I think Ronnie is a better model than Shannon and I think he's worked really hard to defy the preppy image he naturally exudes. I also think he will have earned it if takes the whole thing next week.

This week the remaining contenders had to get naked and arty-wild with celebrity photographer, Matthew Rolston. Each model represented one of the elements. Holly was fire, Perry was water, Ronnie was earth, and Ben was air.





























Ben really stepped it up this week and I thought his photos were pretty amazing. Perry was also a top performer - naked and tucking his privates, crunching a piece of ice, and wearing a really bad goth wig. The results were disturbing and stunning.

Ronnie looked fabulous and sexy as a sort of wood nymph creature. Holly's photo was also really cool, ending up looking as if here head were on fire. I love Holly's look and think she's gorgeous, but I believe she lacks the personality and maturity needed to be a supermodel.

Speaking of supermodels, bad ass diva, Naomi Campbell, visited the contestants and left them all, especially Perry, with unhinged jaws. She and Tyson played up their camaraderie for the cameras and got all smoochy
.

Later, the fierce and fabulous fashion elf himself, CHRISTIAN Siriano, winner of Project Runway, coached the models on walking. AND he made an incredible dress for Holly. I have to say, when Christian presented her with the dress, she seemed unsurprisingly sort of "uh huh." Hey Holly, where's the fire you had coming out of your head on the photo shoot? I know I would be so excited that my head would have burst into flames if Christian Siriano had made a dress specifically for me.



Now it's up to America to decide who will be a supermodel. I honestly don't have a favorite. They're all really good, but I don't find any of them really overwhelming. I guess I'm voting for Ronnie, but if Casey were still in the running, I'd be jumping up and down for him like a slutty cheerleader.

No comments: