Monday, March 24, 2008

V IS FOR VIVIDLY GWEN


This month, V Magazine is featuring fashion maven, Gwen Stefanie, on its cover. Actually, there are three avant-garde covers to chose from. In her interview, Gwen discusses motherhood (she gushes over her little Kingston), sex, and marriage. And of course she talks beauty, saying that she's still the little stylish cupcake she's always been:

For the longest time I didn’t even let anyone else do my makeup or hair. To be honest, my sense of style isn’t insanely premeditated. I don’t really worry about it or think that hard about it ... usually it just happens. I’ll accidentally curl my hair a certain way. I was always the little girl locked in the bathroom putting on makeup, singing, and getting a million burns from the curling iron. I’m still that girl.

I've never heard of V, but when I saw the over sized magazine with the vivid cover, featuring Gwen, I snatched up my copy. It's a good read, but crammed with ads (what style mag isn't?). It's not until you get to middle of the magazine, that you get to the meat. This issue has a really good interview with Bret Easton Ellis and an excellent section on what's happening in the art world.

No comments: