Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Love Barbie!

PLASTIC PASSION

I've always been a huge Barbie fan. When I was a kid, I had Malibu Barbie, Beauty Barbie, Skipper, Ken, and several outsiders like The Bionic Woman and The Six Million Dollar Man, Donny and Marie Osmond, Cher, Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz and the good witch, Glendela.

I was walking through Toys-R-Us today with my 17-month old son and passed a whole wall of new collectible Barbie Dolls. Since
I'm still drawn to her plastic pulchritude and tiny stylish outfits, I had to stop and gawk. If I were a collector, I'd be in heaven. There are some really interesting dolls out there now, including a "Barbie Loves Elvis" Barbie, a Badgley Mischka Barbie (Live from the red carpet at an E! event), Kimora Lee Simmons Barbie, Juicy Couture Barbies, a whole line of fashion model Barbies, and a Bob Mackie line of dolls. You can find it all here.

No comments: