Thursday, July 24, 2008

Make It Work

GREEN COCKTAIL HOUR AT PARSON'S

Last night on Project Runway, the designers were challenged to make a "green" cocktail dress for their models. Of course there was a snag: They had to let the models choose the environmentally-responsible fabric and notions.Most of the models admitted to not knowing what they were looking for. This caused Jerell to say, "My biggest fear is that she will come back with remnants of nonsense." It also caused three of the models to choose the same brown satin and three to choose the same champagne-colored silk.

As the models returned with their fabric, the designers' weren't pleased to say the least. All except Jarell, surprisingly, who hugged his model in delight. Rocker chick, Stella, was not happy with what her model wanted, which was something flowy and beachy. Like she said, I"m very urban. I like tough-looking stuff." I think she used the words "urban" and "tough" a few times. Let's hope for her sake that they never have a challenge that involves making something for can can dancers.

"I'll sew Blayne's face up like leathah."

Annoyingly tan Blaynlicious got to work with a bright fuchsia, which he said was "so Britney." He then referred to Heidi Klum as Darth Vader (and later as "Darthlicious", of course). His reasoning for the comparison? "On the outside she's all like shiny and put together, but on the inside she's like curaaaaazy." Uh huh, Blayne.

He then started on Stella who was celebrating her love of leather: "I just want to stick to my leather. Burn it up, dye it up, grommet it, pyramid it, stud it, spike it. . . " This caused Blayne to imitate her: "I watch leathah tv, my husband's leathah, my kids came out of me leathah..." Okay, I admit I laughed but when Stella found out what he was saying, she said, "What, Blayne? He's twelve years old! " She then said, "Remove that piece of leather from between the center of your teeth - you got a gap tooth." As they hugged and made up Blayne said, "Ohh, Leather Face." Look in the mirror lately, Blayne?

As the designers went to work, Suede decided to start referring to himself in the third person and said "Suede's a bi-sexual Sagittarius and loves long walks on the beach and really loves working with small pieces of fabric." Despite his annoying banter, Suede won the challenge with his darling and very imaginative dress. In fact, when they presented Natalie Portman (tada!!) as the guest judge of the week, she gushed over the dress, which made him Suede gush over Suede. Love!!

"Darthlicious" and Natalie Portman

Stella, who despite ignoring her model's request, came up with a one sleeved, champagne, lace-up-the-side dress, and wound up in the top three. The judges felt that her dress captured her aesthetic and was classy enough to wear to a fete. Likewise, the judges also loved Kenley's champagne dress with a stiff neck that went up around the model's ears like an Elizabethan collar.


Korto wound up in the bottom three this week for making a dress that looked like it was inside-out and had fins coming out of the ass . It was a nice idea gone wrong. If you can make a six-foot tall size two model look chunky, you know it's not good. Luckily, she was let off the hook.

This left Wesley and Leanne in the bottom two. Both made short, tight shiny brown dresses. As Nina so delicately put it: "I think tight, shiny, and short is the quickest way to look cheap." Leanne decorated her dress with one too many loops and straps, which made her model look a bit like a wilted flower. Wesley's dress was ill-fitting and looked unfinished to me. In fact, from the back, it looked like the zipper didn't fit right as if he couldn't get the zipper zipped up. This got him sent home. Unfortunately, he was one of those quiet designers that I forgot was even there until this episode.

Surprisingly the only designer to use black was Daniel. And his dress was AMAZING. Wow! If I were rich and I could convince him to add a couple inches to the hem, I'd hire him to make me that dress. Absolutely stunning!


Okay, that's it for this week. But before I go, let me reveal the latest dish from Bravo: Wes and Daniel are an item. They look sew cute together!

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Blayne.Must.Go.

CLICK HERE for DavidDust's Project Runway recap.

:)

Jennifer said...

Agreed-licious!