Friday, August 8, 2008

Fashion News

UGLY?

I received an email alerting me to a modeling agency in NYC called "Ugly." They are devoted to representing people that don't fit the "top model" look. Instead they represent people with character. The Today show did a segment this morning on the agency and you can see some of the models here. I think there are definitely some above-average looking folks here. One girl looks like a model, but with a big mole on her forehead.

There are also a lot of very good-looking people with tattoos and piercings that look like they could be part of Suicide Girls or Suicide Boys. Then there are the "average" people. But these people are anything but average. They're obviously comfortable in their own skin and exude loads of personality.

Agency founder, Simon Rogers, says
, "beauty really does come in all shapes and sizes." He also defends the name UGLY saying that it's meant to be "tongue in cheek." I say good for them. It's about time we saw models that aren't fifteen, have perfect skin and hair, and wear a size 2. Here are a few of my favorite models:

Wow! Someone cast him immediately in a movie. He's amazing. Those cheekbones could cut someone!

She actually makes me feel a little patriotic.

This one is for you, Cat!

I love his face.

I'm in love with her tattoo!

This guy looks eerily like my cousin.

How fun is he?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worry about the guy with the tats if he gets saggy...I guess it will look like he got caught in a rainstorm.