Friday, August 29, 2008

Fashion News

KATE AND KAREN DISH ON THEIR SKINNY-NESS

High profile models, Kate Moss and Karen Elson, have both told the
Guardian that the fashion industry is to blame for their having been so thin. Moss told the paper:

"I didn't eat for a long time. Not on purpose. You'd be on shoots with bad food or get on a plane and the food would be so disgusting you couldn't eat it. You go to a show and there's no food at all ... I remember standing up in the bath one day and ... I was so thin! I was never anorexic ... I remember thinking, I don't want to be this skinny."


Elson echoed Moss's sentiments when she said: "I remember I came back from a job in Paris and the stylist said to me, 'have you been eating too many croissants, Karen?"

Unfortunately, the industry isn't listening to the models' complaints. The plans for a model health certificate, which would deem models to be healthy enough to work, have been rejected by Milan, Paris, and New York.

No comments: