Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Make It Work

PUT THE BOOBIES ON!

Since I was "away" for last Wednesday's episode of PR, I'll recap it now. The designers were presented with Chris from last season who announced that the next challenge was to design a look for a drag queen. Each designer got to choose a model who was a professional drag queen and work it.

Tim and Chris in the workroom

The whole "licious" issue was finally addressed in the workroom after
Blayne threw some pink neon fabric over his head and said, "If I were a drag queen, my name would be "Neonlicious." He then pointed at Stella and said, "She would be leathah-licious."

Stella told the camera: "Blayne is really cute but he knows nothing. He just knows girlie-licious. What is THAT?" As Blayne prodded the other designers for their drag-licious names, someone off camera said, "Annoyed-licious." Then Leanne called it when she said: "Everything's licious. Even licious is licious. I think if I hear that word one more time, I'm going to barf. And that would be barf-licious, I guess."

Soon after, Tim made the comment about Blayne's dress: "It looks like a pterodactyl in a gay Jurassic Park." Blayne, of course, took it as a compliment. I thought the look was fantastic as well.

Big gay pterodactyl

There was drag drama when Suede, who
was inspired by his grandfather's love of gardening, made gloves decorated with baby lettuces. "Hedda Lettuce," who he was designing for, accused Suede for being lazy for not making sleeves (!). As Tim came around to look at everyone's work, Suede explained his situation. Tim's reply?:

"Make her wear the gloves. You can tell her you've been to a different rodeo and don't you you-know-what with me, sister."

Bitchy lettuce

One of my favorite scenes of the whole episode was when Stella was fitting her model. As he tried on her top, he said, "I can pull the corset in tighter."
"You can?"
she said, amazed.
"I can crack a rib overnight," he offered.

"We don't want you to suffer," she said, horrified.
This is when he sucked his teeth and said in a raspy voice,
"Come ON, Stella."
I think my husband and I re-wound that scene about eight times.


"Come ON, Stella."

RuPaul was the guest judge and as Heidi asked the designers to say hello to him, I cringed. They sounded about as excited as kids about to get cavities filled. "Hi, RuPaul," they said flatly in unison.

RuPaul and Heidi

There had been a scene early on in the workroom, which foreshadowed the challenge's outcome: Blayne called out to Joe, who held a very large bra: "Put the boobies on!" To which Joe said: "Alright I'll put the boobies on."

After he strapped on the over-the-boulder-shoulder-holder, he said: "Varla has actually left me her boobs in her bra, which I thank her very much for because we have to make men's maniquenns into drag queens in order to design an outfit for a drag queen." Daniel then begged Kenley for her bra: "Honey, can you take your bra off so I can put it on this, puleeze?" But Kenley turned him down.

The outcome of all this boobie business? Joe won the challenge and Daniel was sent packing
for his bad flourescent flamenco gown.

The result of Joe wearing the boobies

The result of Kenley denying Daniel her bra

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joes winning model stars in the movie C told you about,"Girls Will Be Girls".You MUST watch it NOW!!!