Friday, August 15, 2008

Product Review

ANDY WARHOL'S SHOES SMELL SOOOOO GOOD

If Andy Warhol were alive today, he would have turned 80 years old on August 6. In honor of the pop artist's 80th, the NYC-inspired fragrance line Bond No. 9 (named after its NYC address) introduces its latest Warhol-influenced scent called Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue.


This is the third in the Warhol series (the previous two are called Andy Warhol Silver Factory and Andy Warhol Union Square), which was created from a collaboration with The Warhol Foundation. The latest scent uses Warhol's time living on Lexington Avenue, illustrating shoes. For this reason, the bottle (how cute is it?) is decorated with the artists' whimsical shoe drawings.


Warhol was a fan of perfume, having said: "Another way to take up more space is with perfume. I really love wearing perfume."
The company describes the perfume as: "a floral woody chypre (chypre meaning fresh citrus topnotes and a lingering forest-like base) with highly coveted contemporary gourmand notes -- a brew of peony, orris, patchouli, sandalwood, cardamom, fennel, almonds, cumin, and even creme brulee."

I received an advance sample of the perfume, which will be available next month. I definitely smell the creme brulee and the woody base. It smells like a coffee shop in a coniferous forest on a crisp autumn day. Absolutely gorgeous. I cannot stop smelling my wrist where I dabbed the yummy elixir. I almost want to lick it!

The holiday season this year will see limited-edition flacons featuring four Robert Lee Morris sterling silver Warhol shoe pendants. I'm starting my Christmas list early this year.
Dear Santa. . .


No comments: