Saturday, September 20, 2008

That's Zoe Stylish

I DIE / THAT'S BANANAS

Welcome to my new favorite fashion reality show (besides PR, ANTM, and The Hills, etc): The Rachel Zoe Project. It's like taking the part of The Hills that I love so much, which covers the fashion aspect, and upping the ante.


The show follows celebrity stylist, Rachel Zoe and her bitchy assistant Taylor, her new lovable assistant Brad, her husband Rodger (who happens to look just like Todd Oldham), and the celebrities she dresses.


In the first episode, Rachel has to dress actress Joy Bryant for an event in Hollywood. While looking for something for her to wear, she hits one of her favorite shops, Decades. She tells the camera: "When it comes to Decades, it's literally impossible for me to leave without buying something for myself. It's the mecca of designer vintage." She goes on to gush over the inventory of Decades.


She doesn't end up buy anything for Joy, but finds a bag, necklace, and gown she can't live without. "It just makes me so happy every time I walk through the doors." One of my really bad habits is shopping. . . Part of my working as hard as I do is supporting my habits."


Rachel has two phrases she uses when she finds something that's so gorgeous she doesn't know how to express herself any other way: "I DIE" and "THAT'S BANANAS." In epidsode two of the show, she says about a pair of gorgeous diamond earrings: "This makes me die. I could just like cry. Just throw me in my coffin now with those earrings on. "


Before she can get Joy dressed, she has to deal with her employees. Uber-bitch Taylor is nasty to new fresh-from-Vogue- Brad and won't train him on how they do things the Zoe way until it's too late. Brad talks to Rachel about it and Rachel talks to Taylor. Blah, blah, blah. They start to get along. Sort of.


Meanwhile, Rachel is starting her own brand of accessories and flies to NYC to get the party started. While there, she meets with MIchael Kors and goes through his inventory to find a dress for Joy. IN the end, she finds a red Zach Posen gown and when Joy puts it on, Rachel is compelled to say, "Holy Shit. That's bananas. Joy, you're shutting it down."


In episode two, Rachel has to dress Debrah Messing for the SAGs. Too bad there's a big rainstorm in LA and a leak in Rachel's showroom that soaks all of the dresses, partriculary those she had picked out for Deborah. Brad almost ruins everything but in the end saves the day. YAY Brad!


High fashion drama, different episode, loads of fun. That's bananas!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im starting to think if I was just a bit,well ALOT,gayer you would love me more.Is it my hair???