Saturday, January 19, 2008

MORE MODEL MAHEM

Since the latest cycle of America's Next Top Model has ended, I've been getting my model-show fix with Bravo's Make Me a Supermodel. The interesting thing about this show is boys are in the running as well as girls, and like American Idol, America can vote to keep one of the bottom three contestants in the running each week.

So far, I love Holly - a girl who came into the competition with a very blunt bob and is now sporting a gorgeous Mia Farrow-esque pixie cut. Initially, she was heavily criticized by New York Model Managment Agency Director and show judge, Cory Bautista, for having a bob, but then in last night's episode, uber casting agent and co-judge, Jennifer Starr, admitted she loved Holly's bob from the beginning because it set her apart. As I've always believed: BOBS RULE!!

I'm also routing for underdog, Katy. She was in the bottom three last week for her supposed jiggly thighs and "curvy" figure. After the models got makeovers in this week's episode, the judges felt that Katy wasn't making the most of her new status as a firey redhead. Consequently, she's in the bottom three again this week. I'm pretty confident she'll be back next week as America seems to love her and Dom, one of the male models up for elimination, acts like a complete douche. Despite his angular features, he's annoying as fuck, blaming wooden necklaces for a bad catwalk and eating while his buddies scream in pain as they get their asses waxed.

Speaking of the boys, I'm a big fan of Casey. He reminds me of Kurt Cobain with a a sloping nose and delicate features. He also looks very Russian. I am, however, surprised that they kept his hair long after the makeovers. It suits him, but I think he might look even more handsome with less hair because it would put the emphasis on his gorgeous face.

Another person I'd like to see more of is Frankie. At first and thought he was annoying, like a buzzy, effeminate mosquito that I wanted to slap. But as I see more of him, I realize he's a funny little bugger. He's like the Christian (from Project Runway) of Make Me a Supermodel.

No comments: