Sunday, January 20, 2008


ON LIKE A LAMB
OUT LIKE A LION

I've been obsessed with Gwen Stefanie's L by L.A.M.B perfume since it emerged on the shelves of beauty counters everywhere. Something about the bottle's earthy tones and the weight of the bottle in my hand when I pick it up really appeals to my senses. And that's not even mentioning the scent, which I have a hard time describing. It's sweet and warm at the same time like a musky pear tart with a hint of lilly dashed on top of it.

Because I'm too cheap to cough up the $50 for it, I take the opportunity to douse myself in it everytime I pass it in a store. Having said all of that, I noticed the other day that unlike a lot of fragrances, this one really sticks to me. I sprayed it on early in the afternoon after a trip to ULTA and realized I was still smelling it around eight p.m. The problem being that it no longer exuded that initial freshness that I like so much and now just smelled heavy.

If you want a sample, you can head over to the fragrance's website and request one. The only problem is you have to enter a bunch of info that will probably be picked up by a gazillion marketing companies who will spam you with junk mail from now until eternity.

No comments: