Monday, January 21, 2008

SPRING FEVER AND STOMACHACHE

The style report is in for this spring and it ain't pretty. At least not to my eyes. Big for the upcoming warm season? According to the runways and style.com : tribal prints (looks like Cocopelli vomited on some of these fabrics), florals (big, ugly watercolor florals, not cute mod daisy florals), hippie wear (pleeeeeaaaase no more boho scraps!), and neons (The 80s won't die!!).

BUT there is hope. There are two trends they list that I can live with:

1) The sheer fabrics that will adorn many clothes this spring. I love any kind of tulle or chiffon as long as it's hanging off the hem of a skirt or dress (like the gorgeous BCBG Max Azria frock to the right) and not sewn between seems on a garment (can you say 80s trashtastic?)

AND

2) Masculine designs with a feminine twist. Not that I'll be wearing suits any time soon, but I like the narrow lines. Looking at the runway, however, there are a lot of baggy outfits as well as chic, slim ones in the mix.





AND it looks like those gawd-awful MC Hammer pants (wide through the hips and thighs, tight around the ankles) are still big. In fact, it appears that skinny pants as well as big wide-legged pants will be in again. I don't think many people can wear wide-legged anything unless they're 5 foot 9 inches tall. Otherwise the pants wear you. I'm 5' 6'' and tried on a pair of wide-legged jeans only to discover that I looked like I had been swallowed by a giant denim triangle.




No comments: